Drysuit diving and considering weight belt

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What about trim pouches on your upper cam band? That helped me adjust my trim (very buoyant chest).

When I went weight integrated I found that I needed to added a few more pounds. I got an XS Scuba weight pocket, and attached it to my tank retention strap. The weight pocket let me add the needed weight, without encumbering me with another belt around my waist.

Single-Weight-Pocket-1.jpg

Divegoose

I rock 32 lbs with a drysuit. This is with a steel 120 pst 3500psi tank. I use a weight belt but only 10 on it. 6 on backplate. 6 on sta and 10 pound p weight. If u need lots of weight like me sta and back plate are a must that 12 pounds right in the best spot that is off your hips. Then dive steel tanks so shave a bit more think that be a game changer for u. But dui weight harness is very nice and much cheaper than the route I said above. So if I had to keep same set up u have I get a dui harness. Happy diving.

so the DUI weight harness is comfortable? I was looking at it and DUI's soft weight belt.
I just wonder how bulky it is because my BC has a decent amount of padding on the sides. It looks like it is very adjustable in terms of torso length (which is good because I am a short gal with a short torso!)

But my idea to divide my weight up is ok?
DUI weight harness is wonderful, very secure yet ditchable and you can fine tune your trim by letting it down or taking it up.

Fill your bak pak with lead shot...

Trying to reinvent the At-Pac? :)
Loved those things. Dove many years with my lead shot in the back pack - I've thought about doing what you are doing but never got around to it.

I've got one for no bc diving and one in a bc and another one
you know how it feels Scuba Lawyer, no belt, unencumbered

full.jpg

flying like a ballerina
sort of

Hi all, I am considering adjusting my weight system and would really appreciate some feedback before I spend money!

I dive in a drysuit in temperate water (Ohio and Pennsylvania quarries). And while I have my total amount of weight about right (still fine tuning with a new drysuit) my problem is this: my BC integrated weight pouches are basically full to the MAX and I have real difficulty actually getting them INTO my BC (an Oceanic Hera).

I was thinking of adding a weight belt, either a rubber one or one with velcro pouches. The weight would then be divided 1/3 on the belt (and pouches on my tank bank) and 2/3 in the integrated BC pockets. I think this may help my trim a bit too, which is always a plus!

Thoughts? Advice?
thank you in advance!!

Do you use steel or aluminum tanks? Steel tanks lets you dive with less lead weight.

Do you use steel or aluminum tanks? Steel tanks lets you dive with less lead weight.
I rent aluminum, the steel ones are popular and are usually (basically always) already reserved when I dive.

Back
Top Bottom