NON-rechargeable battery light options?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

those are rewrapped batteries they buy in bulk without the protection circuit and then add their own. they also sell oem batteries from Samsung, LG, Sanyo/Panasonic.

those are rewrapped batteries they buy in bulk without the protection circuit and then add their own. they also sell oem batteries from Samsung, LG, Sanyo/Panasonic.

What I ordered was a Panasonic/Sanyo, and that’s what it says on my order confirmation. Is this battery as good or better?

Cut the wrapper off - what's inside?

Wrapper? How can I be sure I’m not cutting open something I shouldn’t?

@JoeFriday , fascinating, and I don’t know why the theme music to Mission Impossible was playing in my head. “Cut the RED wire, Phelps, not the green wire.”

DRIS Shorty's take AA's. They're fine for recreational diving.

The Halcyon Scout 3C lights aren't super huge. With the LED's they're really spotty though. Designed for signaling.

OP would probably prefer a Scout 2C.

The UK SL4 eLED Lights are compact, bright, and take AA. I actually replaced a halcyon bulb with the bulb from one of those.

NiMh is still a rechargeable. Does the OP think NiMh is OK but Li-on is not?

I don't know about the OP but I do. NiMH has an excellent track record, safety wise. Li-ion does not.

There are a number of AA-powered dive lights on the market, but few of them seem to be of high quality. I have some AAA-powered ones from Mako that are OK.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom