August Blackbeard trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Craine

Just some guy who likes being underwater
ScubaBoard Supporter
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I’m booked on the Blackbeard sailing August 24th. Super excited for my first live aboard. I’m going solo (my wife is pulling child watch duty at home), so hopefully there are other solo divers or a group that doesn’t mind taking in a stray. Is anyone else here going on that sailing date?

My brother has done two trips with them and has nothing but good things to say about them. I am looking at booking the January 4th trip as my first experience with them.

I hope your trip went well? You were probably being impacted by the storm. How did all that go? I'm going 9/7/19. I'm curious what was the water temperature?

The trip was awesome. Great crew, great dive partners, overall it was an awesome trip. We did 17 dives over 6 days, and weren’t really effected by the hurricane, except for heading north and doing our last few dives up by New Providence.

Looking back at my logs, the lowest temp was 82F and the highest (and most frequent) was 86F. I wore a 3mm full suit on each dive and was very comfortable the entire trip.

I hope your trip went well? You were probably being impacted by the storm. How did all that go? I'm going 9/7/19. I'm curious what was the water temperature?

Have a great trip! Please let us know if there appears to have been any recent changes in the fire and safety protocol prompted by the Labor Day fire on the Conception in the CA Channel Islands.

No and yes? I dove every dive that was offered (17 dives, including 4 night dives), but at the beginning of the trip a few people asked about going to see the swimming pigs. The passengers voted and swimming with the pigs won. So we lost one dive on our second day due to travel time.

We also ended up heading in to Nassau a bit early on Thursday because of the hurricane and only got one dive in that day. Had the storm not been a factor we would have gotten one more dive in.

My dive count for the trip is below:
Saturday - 1 dive
Sunday - 4 dives
Monday - 3 dives (plus snorkeling)
Tuesday - 4 dives (plus snorkeling)
Wednesday - 4 dives
Thursday - 1 dive

Did they offer more than 17 dives?

They advertise approximately 19 dives, their cruises run from Saturday to Thursday so they are a little shorter than some LOBs.

I’ll see you tomorrow then!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom