Suggestions on where to buy SIM card DPS or other?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well mine was just a 30 day that had expired, but they just top it off at the kiosk so keep this new one for any other trips after this one. Super easy and less money.

Reactions: Dan
You have two choices, either you direct ask for internet packages at the shop and they will sell you what they have, which can sometime bbe problematic as a 6GB package can be 2GB Internet + 2GB Local internet (usable only in the area you buy it) and 2GB of streaming data.

What i do to be sure of what i'am buying is i just top up with normal credit (Pulsa biasa in bahasa indonesia) and then convert the topup into package i buy either true USSD codes (like *363# ) or, for a more user friendly experience, through the MyTelkomsel Application on my smartphone.

I bought a Telkomsel 20gb SIM at DPS after customs for $15 and was shocked that I had 3 to 4 bars of LTE in most of Komodo while on liveaboard. They’ve added cell towers on many of the islands.

Back
Top Bottom