Teric nitrogen loading

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hppkmpr

New
Reaction score
New to Shearwater computers. Noticed the Teric doesn’t have the typical nitrogen load bar graphic. Is the tissue bar graph the replacement for this data?

Hi, @hppkmpr . The tissue bar graph gives you more detailed, granular information than what a single dimensional nitrogen load graph would. You can configure your Teric to have the tissue graph displaying on your Teric home screen. The video below will show you more details about the tissue graph. Cheers.

New to Shearwater computers. Noticed the Teric doesn’t have the typical nitrogen load bar graphic. Is the tissue bar graph the replacement for this data?
You have your NDL, why do you need a bar graph?

I like watching the bar graph when diving on liveaboards, 4 or 5 dives daily over the course of a week. It gives you an idea as to how much and where the N2 loading is occurring and how fast it is clearing.

Hi, @hppkmpr . The tissue bar graph gives you more detailed, granular information than what a single dimensional nitrogen load graph would. You can configure your Teric to have the tissue graph displaying on your Teric home screen. The video below will show you more details about the tissue graph. Cheers.
One of the reasons I bought the Perdox is it's inclusion of the tissues bar graph. It gives me a good graphic of how nitrogen buildup works. But its display is real time and dependent on depth, while the more traditional nitrogen loading display gives more of a projection of your nitrogen load relative to atmospheric pressure at the surface. Shearwater's 12 compartment graph gives no direct indication of what your n2 saturation will be as you ascend. I know that Shearwater's Surf GF now fulfills this function, but I like the old tissue loading graphic as giving an easily understood indicator, along with NDL. My only complaint is most computers do not have enough resolution in their loading displays, having only 5 or 6 segments.

Back
Top Bottom