A Few Costs Compared

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That's what I meant, that's per his 8 day stay not per night.

For the nicer resorts/liveaboards in in that part of the world, the 'all in' daily per person price would come in at $ 1000 (US) per day, flying in from the USA at least. If you include all the extra expenses (airfare--international and domestic--/luggage fees/port fees/marine park fees/fuel surcharges/alcohol/crew tips/hotel stays to and from the ultimate destination/etc.) you are looking at TWICE the expense of the resort or live aboard element itself. A $ 5000 trip really becomes a $ 10,000 trip when you add in all the 'extras'!

However, you can ameliorate the airfare a bit by diving more areas in Indo or diving Bali, as well as, sightseeing and taking in the culture (not you Rich, heehee)

I just cant understand how people pay those fees to visit this area... there are much cheaper options.

You mean Philippines or Burkina Faso?

I mean Indonesia...

We're talking about diving Indo but you said there are cheaper options. Where did you mean? If you mean cheaper in Indo, where in Indo are you suggesting/recommending?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom