Proud dad of my new dive buddy!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Although I made a different decision, I do respect and value the input of others that differ from my opinions. I thought long and hard about whether she was ready. I knew there would be some that cringed a bit when reading my post as children diving can be a touchy subject that sends everyone into their corner to defend their positions.

I only responded to the comment from DDM. I am not an expert in this subject and I can only make decisions for my kids and my dive school.

YAY! Congratulations!!! May you and your daughter have a great many years enjoying a great many adventures.

I love Parent-Child students. What a wonderful thing to do together.

do you mean the john boat and graveyard? I went out with the instructor and DM and we found those. I thought there was a bus and vending machine but thye may have been on the other side of the lake.
I think this is a different place, it is across the lake from the ramp by the rock wall and dam. There is a Junk (decent sized wreck), airplane - fake but big, motor cycle, small fake graveyard, table with tic tack toe on it, and a bunch of other stuff. In about 60 ft of water, but pretty clear most the time as long as there isn't a training class around. They use the Junk for penetration training and such.

Understood, and thanks for responding. I know children and diving have not been largely studied and could not remember reading about any bone density issues. Shallow and conservative is my approach. Out of curiosity at what age does DR Mrs believe that a person is not as prone to panic?

That varies widely. Also, I would not want to offer a hard age that could be misinterpreted as "go" criteria when there are a lot of other factors. Sorry for the nebulous response.

Best regards,
DDM

Tooting the horn for my newly certified daughter. She is 11 years old and did fantastic on her tests and checkout dives. She scored a 95 on her exam, and passed all her skills with no issues. I was able to be her buddy for the check dives and took along my rig to document her accomplishment. I can not wait to show her the underwater world.
View attachment 538343 View attachment 538344 View attachment 538346 View attachment 538349 View attachment 538347

Congrats! My son is 11 and has his last open water tonight.

Hi @aviator8

I've been diving with my 34 year old son for 22 years now and my 30 year old daughter for 18 years. My wife has also been diving for 18 years. We continue to have wonderful dives together, more often just my wife and me these days. I continue to scheme on getting all 4 of us together again.

I hope you enjoy diving with your family as much as I have

Good diving, Craig

It was in a local lake here in grand rapids MI. He is officially certified.
Tell him Congrats. I am sure you are very proud. I hope you have many years of great memories diving with him.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom