Regulators for travel?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just sneak around the boat and steal one pair from each cabin on the first day...

(Don't worry - I give them back at the end...)

I think this just won the internet today. :rofl3:

If I wanted a better performing reg I'd take a G250V, easy to service without any special tools, particularly if you change the splined it to a Halcyon Halo one. My only concern would be a tank dropping on it, yes, I've seen that happen.

(Not a plug, for real)

~snip~ My only concern would be a tank dropping on it, yes, I've seen that happen.
(Not a plug, for real)
My backup travel reg is a Conshelf 14 first stage with two Sea Hornet Command Air seconds, primary tuned to OEM specs cracking 0.5" @ 10BAR (145psi) and an octo tuned at 1.0".
Sea Hornet actually tested the Command Air during development by tipping over a full SCUBA tank directly onto it repeatedly :eek:
No damage to housing or adjust knob... these things are tough, I've seen the video!

I have a dedicated travel set - aqualung micron and miflex hoses and an at home set - aqualung legend LXs.

More than happy with both though I will say the mikron is a tiny bit prone to the odd free flow on the surface and at depth. I've not found this to be a problem, on the surface I just cup my hand over and get it out of the breeze, at depth, I just tuck my chin in and it stops.

Mikron is a great reg for smaller female faces and teenagers and no hassles service wise. Anywhere in the world.
Thanks for the feedback---we ended up going the same route for my girlfriend. Aqualung Mikron. She's not a picky diver, and since she felt Okinawa was too cold for her to dive again, I think we're not going to have to worry about the temperature restrictions!

If I wanted a better performing reg I'd take a G250V, easy to service without any special tools, particularly if you change the splined it to a Halcyon Halo one. My only concern would be a tank dropping on it, yes, I've seen that happen.

(Not a plug, for real)
Suppose you don't have any more of those G250's in or around Japan, eh?

I can't think of a regulator that I would have trouble travelling with- any one of them will fit in my carry on and the difference in weight and size is practically irrelevant!
Weight and size of a regulator would have to the last factors that I would consider if buying one!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom