Recomendations for pools for practice?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As far as I know, the Kraken is the only modern one out there.

2-4 lbs seems a lot. I know people often use hose weights, but I don't think they get even close to that.
The most common issue from what I have read is that people tend to mount the tank too high. Having it as high as a single hose reg increases WOB, the reg should be between your shoulder blades, as close to your lungs as possible. Which often causes issues with jacket BCD's they say.

You can try asking Marin Dive Center based on their schedule. They’re in San Rafael. The owner, Jon, is super nice. As mentioned by someone else, a good idea is to ask to rent tanks and ask if you can use it when it’s not being used for classes etc.

2-4 lbs seems a lot. I know people often use hose weights, but I don't think they get even close to that
I put ankle weights around the tank valve not hoses. I didn't have time during the class to find what was the main contribution to the wrong trim. Maybe it were not hoses but something else. Anyway moving some weights higher solved the issue.

I taught a refresher class last winter and one student came with a double house reg. Don't remember the brand but it was a modern one. I spent some time to fix his trim. His upper body was way positive probably because of hoses full of air. Finally put 2 or 4 lbs ankle weights around the tank valve and it helped.

A double hose regulator needs to be a bit heads-up to work right and the tank needs to be lower. The body of the reg needs to be right behind the lungs. You will end up a bit out of trim.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom