Countdown to CocoView!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here now and it has been fantastic! But the weather is a little iffy come evening /noc. No night dives yesterday or today. I hear the weather Will be better tomorrow.

Good to hear! Hopefully the weather will allow a couple of night dives during the week. If I can just get in two, I'll be happy!

The central ladder thing is super easy when it’s choppy.

Yeah, we loved that center ladder last time we were there. Evens out the waves a bit! Those are such great dive boats.

My wife loved the concierge fin service... she would grab the ladder and the DM would take her fins off for her. Doesn't get much easier than that!

Your resort awaits you. Winds are gone, water is flat and clear. Safe travels, and dive safe!
6B293C7B-5FF0-4617-9D76-D2A4D7121BE5.jpeg

You met Conrad and Carol! Boy do we miss the front yard

Met them!.... we dove with them every day and shared a meal with them at least once a day... usually more. What great people! I was going to tell you they said “hi!” and surprise you but you’re way ahead of me!

They had nothing but nice things to say about you and Carol wants to know if you want your shirt back!

What a small world it can be at times.

1C78B987-FD5B-461E-BC3C-0C0DA357598C.jpeg
D77F170D-80E0-4219-9805-3D614FB505EE.jpeg
A8466EC8-ABF7-4E6A-82F5-8F308A52C78A.jpeg
93D053B2-D2B7-4623-B006-C2116E9F1768.jpeg
AFD4FFB3-3A57-4BA0-822C-524DBA527EAE.jpeg
E7A66C1E-1189-43D4-BEED-159E714DB2B3.jpeg
79A84E29-4819-4DB0-9879-F08C5A32FD9D.jpeg

So, our week is done and i’m a bit sad but what a great week of diving we had!

I made my 100th dive during our stay (got a certificate and everything!) and yet the week was still full of firsts! Saw my first Gobies, my first Blennies, my first Pike blenny, my first Neck crab, my first Pederson shrimp, some little tiny speck of a white and orange shrimp that I still have to identify and so much more!

I usually shoot video when I dive and this trip was no exception but I got a new camera recently so I shot stills for the first time. I now have a new-found respect for those that do this!

I have tons of pics and video to go through and will post as I find shots worth sharing (I actually got lucky on a few ‘keepers’). These are just a quick few I transferred over from my camera.

I got my 100th dive also while I was there!! I will have to ask them to send me a certificate...I'm a nerd that way. Carol told me you all were a hoot and they enjoyed diving with you! I'm trying to convince Conrad and Carol to join us for the scubaboard surge in January...you and your spouse (im not sure if your are a he or a she LOL) should come also.
Roatan was stunningly beautiful. I saw my 1st seahorse, arrow blennies, squid, and maculated flounder. And I ton of things I don't know the name of. My biggest 1st was diving a 60 (64?) al tank, I'm short and the 80's are way to big for me and I am good on my air (coming back with 1500-1800 psi with the 80's). Never ever diving an 80 again...unless that's all there is. Gotta dive!

I got my 100th dive also while I was there!! I will have to ask them to send me a certificate...I'm a nerd that way.

Don't forget to update your Scubaboard profile!

...I'm trying to convince Conrad and Carol to join us for the scubaboard surge in January...you and your spouse (im not sure if your are a he or a she LOL) should come also.

I'm a "he!" so would be taking my wife and would love to go but I think that's going to be a bit early as far as funding goes. Too many things required of my bank account at the moment!

Roatan was stunningly beautiful. I saw my 1st seahorse, arrow blennies, squid, and maculated flounder. And I ton of things I don't know the name of. My biggest 1st was diving a 60 (64?) al tank, I'm short and the 80's are way to big for me and I am good on my air (coming back with 1500-1800 psi with the 80's). Never ever diving an 80 again...unless that's all there is. Gotta dive!

I would have liked a little better clarity for most of our dives but all in all, it was good enough for us to really enjoy it. I'll have to have my wife look into diving the smaller tanks. She is short as well and was lugging those Al 80's all over the place and always had air left when I was getting low. Thanks again for the weather report and hopefully we can meet up for some diving in the not too distant future!

Go out along the placed anchor chain to 20fsw at the strobe marker, then left (East) staying very shallow, no deeper than 35’. This is the no-fail way of not getting lost and two other things- conserving air for a fairly long trip- and being at a good maximum depth for best critter interaction. This path is prime octopus hunting grounds!

Yep! Saw three of them on our night dive!

If you follow that bottom terrain depth profile, it will curve you to what Kevin refers to as “the corner”. It’s easy to locate from the surface, note the first and Easternmost Red navigation buoy, out in front of C12. It’s the first big promontory of the vertical CCV Wall that starts in 5’ and straight down to a 90’ ledge (and then to 3,000 feet)

That’s where and why you want to be at 35’ depth.

That, and this is precisely where you’ll find the 5’ underhang ledge where the Yellow Cup Coral seem to thrive. (Orange? Gold? You’ll know them when you see them!)

Doc, I'm not sure if we were in the exact spot you mentioned, but I think we found what you were guiding us to! Beautiful when lit up at night!

upload_2019-9-12_22-42-35.png

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom