Helium.....Again

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

prices have more than tripled here

and Party City has closed a couple stores, balloons are no longer profitable

This periodically happens but I suspect the days of $0.50cf are long gone

I wonder if rebreather sales are going up with the helium costs and shortages?

Yes it's a serious driver to get into a 'breather. It only cost me like $20 bucks for a fill on my rebreather vs $150 for set of doubles. With longer bottom times I get even more minutes underwater per dollar. My helium bill last year was about equal to the cost of my JJ.

I bought several 300cf bottles before the price increase of 2019. With my rebreather, I'm set for a long time. :)

We got lucky and was able to purchase 4 K bottles in Florida for about $340 a piece. However supplies are still short up here in the midwest and the "west". New England has some dwindling stock also.

I wonder if rebreather sales are going up with the helium costs and shortages?

Gaw... I have dropped about $1000 on mix in the past month, thanks to a nice new little wreck in my backyard. At my age, a rebreather would have an unacceptable mortality rate.

Mrs' Stoo would beat me to death with those cute little bottles. :eek:

Isn't she pretty though?

Manasoo Wheelhouse © IG DSC_1375.jpg

Gaw... I have dropped about $1000 on mix this summer thanks to a nice new little wreck in my backyard. At my age, a rebreather would have an unacceptable mortality rate.

Mrs' Stoo would beat me to death with those cute little bottles. :eek:

I'd say you're welcome on the new wreck! But that was Ken and Jerry. My grids were way off by about 2-3 miles.

I had a family tragedy back in June that I will be posting in the A&I forum. So I haven't had the chance to get up there to dive her yet. One more may be in the pipeline though :)

It was indeed Ken and Jerry and we're very thankful. The other two are coming up. There's more? It may be worth risking the beat-down from the Missus. ;-)

I'm sorry to hear about your family.

It was indeed Ken and Jerry and we're very thankful. The other two are coming up. There's more? It may be worth risking the beat-down from the Missus. ;-)

I'm sorry to hear about your family.

Thanks Stoo,

One on our side for sure. Another group has something big or so the rumor mill has been saying. But my search permits have been denied (unanswered) so I'm done with Canada for the time being.

Plenty of stuff over here to blow this hard to find gas on!

Haha. Ya. I'm something of a believer in the "Better to beg forgiveness than ask permission..." school.

"Honest Yer Honor. We were just driving around in out boat and we dropped our camera, so we figured we'd pop down and suddenly... WTF???"

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom