DM course | what you'd have done differently?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The instructor who allowed a student to kneel may not be doing things the way RAID teaches and rather, how he was taught from the start. I would guess he crossed over from another agency.

Yes the instructor was a crossover into Raid, as I said - the drills in the open water (not the initial practice in the pool on the knees) were done in neutral buoyancy, but not in trim.

Your professional status doesn't show up under the dive check app in PADI, you would need to look an individual up by their pro status - at least on a shop and individual level.

Attorneys contact the agencies directly. According to the attorney that gave a presentation at the last DEMA I attended on this topic.

I do this mainly so that I am not used to babysit divers.
I just point out that I don't tip if they do that to me. In my next trip though, I'll probably hire a DM to point out all the critters that I want to photograph. Considering the expense of the entire trip, that's a small additional expense.

Attorneys contact the agencies directly. According to the attorney that gave a presentation at the last DEMA I attended on this topic.
Makes sense.

To me, there's no point in DM training if one has no intent on using it. That money is better spent on tech training.

I enjoyed my DM "class" which was pretty informal.
I was already tec trained and most of the classes I worked with were AOW or above.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom