For Sale Scuba pro Men’s XXXL 6.5mm wetsuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rescuediver17063

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
XXXL Scubapro Men’s 6.5mm wetsuit very good condition $60

Attachments

• B564E13C-0182-4CE9-A0B9-58B68C9B8A93.jpeg
    B564E13C-0182-4CE9-A0B9-58B68C9B8A93.jpeg
    105.8 KB · Views: 161
No flat fee $15 for U.S. shipping

You’ve already filed a claim you did that last week so quit lying. The only communications you’ll get from this point on will be through PayPal as your complaint was filed with PayPal on the 26th.

Note added for status and progress of dispute:

I've not filed a "claim" yet. My post said it will be filed shortly. This is the first response from you in five days.

I've filed a "request" for a refund of $60 or $60 + extra to ship the suit back to you if you want it back.

I find it incredibly disheartening that you send the wrong suit, don't reply to a text, telephone call, email, instant message or scubaboard post regarding the matter and then you state you know a request for refund was filed on the 26th but wait four days to contact me in any fashion.

All of this could have been avoided by the simplest acknowledgement that you made a mistaken and that you'd like to rectify it.

At the very least, the extra weight and size of the box with the extra wetsuit from a second farmer john should have been an indication that you were sending four parts in total instead of three, but that is irrelevant at this time.

These posts are just the facts. I was hoping for a fair transaction but don't feel that I've gotten one. Until it is resolved, I want all the details of it to be documented and public.

I will update this thread once the matter has been resolved. As of this post, a response to the PayPal request has not been made nor any refund attempted. I think a $60 refund of a $135 transaction is adequate and fair. The second suit received is not worth the $75 additional. Wether you want to pay for its return is up to you.

This is dispute is a private matter between the two of you (buyer and seller). By transacting communication on SB via PM there is a record established. There is no need for this dispute to take place in the public eye....it makes both of you look foolish and childish. Work it out, communicate, and when doing so have an understanding that folks have lives that do not revolve around the sale of their used dive gear so they may take a few hours, a few days, or even a couple of weeks to respond back. If that possibility is a problem then you should not be making purchases from strangers via the internet or at least you should negotiate payment/delivery terms to protect yourself.

For many years I have conducted countless online transactions between SB, ebay, etc., while living around the world and I have yet to get screwed over. Maybe I have been lucky, or maybe I make an effort to communicate up front with the person I am buying from/selling in order to ensure we are both on the same page. I have yet to be disappointed in any of the transactions I have participated in despite the potential for things to go sideways for me. I have surprisingly found that the people who I have dealt with, in general, are honest and genuine, more so on SB than on any other website that I have conducted transactions.

To both of you, please take this to a more private means of communication. If you can't work it out then post a warning to others and leave it at that, but this is not the place for personal disputes.

-Z

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom