Who, precisely, are we not permitted to criticize on this board?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You'll learn far more here than on Facebook but hey, why not both? Cover all angles.

[T]here are people on this board who are passing themselves off - and being accepted as - experts on safety, and there are things that those people have said and done that the rest of us need to know about.

@djcheburashka given the assertions you have made I am curious what amount of tonnage you are licensed for, and whether you hold certifications for offshore or just near coastal.

So you're calling other people stupid. How sweet of you. And, of course, your post is still up.
There's a difference between calling someone stupid and their posts as stupid. I am pretty smart but now and again I post something stupid. Someone calling my post stupid doesn't imply that I am stupid. It would be different if they just said that I was stupid. That would be an insult and contrary to the TOS. That is a distinction that we moderate upon. Sometimes that line gets a bit blurry, and we have to apply some judgement, oftentimes based upon the user's history. That is why they pay us the big bucks.

Good luck. I remember the call from my attorney when they wanted to settle. I was going to be an engineer (volunteer) on a boat headed to the DR and he told me that they would accept something like $30,000.00 and becoming mods on SB. I told my attorney to tell them " F-U and the horse you rode in on". I counter offered that we would put them on auto censor and I would not mention her or her company. I got the call back from my attorney less than ten minutes later that they agreed to my conditions. Mind you, she was being beaten up just about everywhere for her suit. She was then referred to "She who shall not be named" here on SB. Stressful times. I've always tried to run SB with integrity and honor. Some people have tried to take advantage of that. We're a bunch of divers having fun and are run by divers having fun. We're not perfect. We don't pretend to be. We're not for everyone and if Facebook had their way, we'd be gone. Love us, hate us, read us, ignore us. I'll never get rich doing this, but I certainly have had more than my share of fun. There's always Facebook or rec.scuba. 'Nuff said.

Found it - just...wow.

Incredibly frivolous. It took a lot of restraint to not request sanctions against the plaintiff’s lawyers for filing it.

Incredibly frivolous. It took a lot of restraint to not request sanctions against the plaintiff’s lawyers for filing it.
Sue who? Sue where? Collect how? They are not a US based corp or citizen. She's Austrian operating in the Maldives from a corp based in Mexico, suing me in the USA. The typical American's answer to anything like this is to sue. Only in America can that work and only if everything is connected to America, excepting the plaintiff. Florida didn't have SLAP legislation back then, but it does now. It should be expanded to include a bond against such frivolous lawsuits, but the lawyers that comprise any legislature will have none of that. I'm a pragmatic person. I'm not going to go after someone if there's no chance of a payoff. Oh hell, I'm not going to go after anyone even if there were. I avoid lawyers and doctors as much as possible for the same reason: they're still "practicing". I don't want to be someone's guinea pig unless there's no other option.

Sue who? Sue where? Collect how? They are not a US based corp or citizen. She's Austrian operating in the Maldives from a corp based in Mexico, suing me in the USA. The typical American's answer to anything like this is to sue. Only in America can that work and only if everything is connected to America, excepting the plaintiff. Florida didn't have SLAP legislation back then, but it does now. It should be expanded to include a bond against such frivolous lawsuits, but the lawyers that comprise any legislature will have none of that. I'm a pragmatic person. I'm not going to go after someone if there's no chance of a payoff. Oh hell, I'm not going to go after anyone even if there were. I avoid lawyers and doctors as much as possible for the same reason: they're still "practicing". I don't want to be someone's guinea pig unless there's no other option.

Good point on her - can’t believe her lawyers went out that far on that limb, though.

Hopefully, they were on an hourly.

I note that She-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named has a LinkedIn account and appears to be still selling that region.

Good point on her - can’t believe her lawyers went out that far on that limb, though.

Hopefully, they were on an hourly.
Precisely why the suit was resolved, I am sure. It was costing her far more than it did me, and when the users kindly started ponying up for the bill, she found her attempt to bankrupt me was in vain. In addition, Wikipedia was about to lend a hand in that if I lost this suit, it would have been crippling for them and many others.

Oh oh oh can I be a moderator too?! This could be fun!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom