TSA precheck

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My understanding is that you can only use it if you have the tsa-pre on your boarding pass. If Cayman Air is not a partner, they will not print it on your pass and you cannot use it even if you have a tsa-pre card/ktn.

You know, when we went to Fiji, we did have to pickup and recheck our bags on our way out. That was just Fiji air being stupid. It's the only time I had to do that and I travel internationally 2 to 4 times a year.

My experience has been if it does not say precheck on your boarding pass you are out of luck.

I guess it may be an issue if you use the machines or phones or PCs to check in. We cannot so we always have to check in at the counter whether we are on an American carrier, European, Asian, whatever. So we also show at the counter. I do believe that not everyone has the same experience so sometimes advice is unwittingly misleading. Didn’t think about those that check in without a human being. My bad. Sorry.

Thanks everybody for taking the time to reply. My husband called Cayman Airways, and they are not partnered with TSA or other airlines. Fortunately we have a long layover in Miami. I was just hoping to avoid the lengthy lines.

You know, when we went to Fiji, we did have to pickup and recheck our bags on our way out. That was just Fiji air being stupid. It's the only time I had to do that and I travel internationally 2 to 4 times a year.

I've always had to recheck my bags after going through customs. Some are easy like with the major carriers, others require actually going through the hoops of working with an agent to get new tags.

I've always had to recheck my bags after going through customs.
We didn't go through customs on departure. We just had to roll our bags from AA to Fiji Air. Then we had to wait for hours for Fiji airlines to finally open so we could give them our bags. Again, this was leaving the US. You have to go through customs anytime you enter another country if you deplane.

They started charging for Mobile Pass...asshats! I've had Global Entry since day one and works well...Clear is newish, but also charges an annual fee...how many fee options can one purchase? Wish they just offered one SUPERDUPER entry/exit option.

We didn't go through customs on departure. We just had to roll our bags from AA to Fiji Air. Then we had to wait for hours for Fiji airlines to finally open so we could give them our bags. Again, this was leaving the US. You have to go through customs anytime you enter another country if you deplane.

That would annoy me because those counters are often in a weird area often without any seats or services.

They started charging for Mobile Pass...asshats! I've had Global Entry since day one and works well...Clear is newish, but also charges an annual fee...how many fee options can one purchase? Wish they just offered one SUPERDUPER entry/exit option.

They do at LAX, they have a private terminal for celebrities.

If you fly enough the airlines will give you Clear for free. It is nice, it does skip a bit of a line, but it isn't that big of a deal.

The best deal is the Canadian version of Global Entry, it is like $25 a year, and you get all the Global Entry benefits including Precheck. The disadvantage is that the interview locations are all in Canada, so unless you are close to the border it is inconvenient to sign up and renew. Where as Global Entry has locations all over the US, plus overseas too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom