Questions for the drysuit divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a drysuit that another diver offered me he just didn’t want to see it sitting in the basement any longer and not being used the way it should be used I’m fortunate he felt that way. I’m looking for forward to using it but I’m going to take a drysuit course on how to use it properly. It’s great reading other peoples experience and knowledge that everyone is willing to share with others. I really appreciate being part of this site I have learned so much already from others here. This is my drysuit it needs to be serviced before I use it if you can offer any advice to a newbie on drysuits it would be much appreciated.

Attachments

• CB41387E-93EE-4B84-AA89-D3CD30D30CE2.jpeg
    CB41387E-93EE-4B84-AA89-D3CD30D30CE2.jpeg
    74.5 KB · Views: 107
I have a drysuit that another diver offered me he just didn’t want to see it sitting in the basement any longer and not being used the way it should be used I’m fortunate he felt that way. I’m looking for forward to using it but I’m going to take a drysuit course on how to use it properly. It’s great reading other peoples experience and knowledge that everyone is willing to share with others. I really appreciate being part of this site I have learned so much already from others here. This is my drysuit it needs to be serviced before I use it if you can offer any advice to a newbie on drysuits it would be much appreciated.

This might be useful for you. I bought when I got my first dry suit some years ago.

Amazon.com : Dry Suit Diving in Depth, DVD. : Sports & Outdoors

They will get you the PADI DVD along with the rest of the speciality course kit and I'm sure it will be alright.

They will get you the PADI DVD along with the rest of the speciality course kit and I'm sure it will be alright.
Thanks I’m sure they will be able to get me either the book or the DVD I still prefer the book itself it’s just easier to carry around and read it. I’m looking forward to doing the course but I’m waiting till next year. It gets bloody cold here in West Hawk lake, Mb Canada. I do appreciate any advice others can offer me like YouTube videos or other books that will help me learn this new drysuit course.

Not much in the book. I recommend skip the class and find someone with experience and just do some work together in a pool.

-Z

Not much in the book. I recommend skip the class and find someone with experience and just do some work together in a pool.

-Z
I have a friend that is a qualified scuba instructor that’s been diving for over 25 years he has offered to teach me next summer I might just take him up on his offer. He also certified me for my open water scuba certificate great teacher very detailed with instructions on what to do.

I'm in the same boat as Alvin, although with my new drysuit I'm not sure if it's exactly the right size for me. I don't have undergarments yet to try on for fit. How much room should there be in the suit for it to be comfortable and be able to fit undergarments? As is, the suit isn't snug but fits to contact all the way around my hips. Everywhere else is (I think) suitably baggy. The neck seal is also way too tight but I'm not sure how to safely stretch it out without ripping it or making it too loose.

I'm in the same boat as Alvin, although with my new drysuit I'm not sure if it's exactly the right size for me. I don't have undergarments yet to try on for fit. How much room should there be in the suit for it to be comfortable and be able to fit undergarments? As is, the suit isn't snug but fits to contact all the way around my hips. Everywhere else is (I think) suitably baggy. The neck seal is also way too tight but I'm not sure how to safely stretch it out without ripping it or making it too loose.

Put on a polar fleece top and either polar fleece pants or sweat pants and try on your drysuit to check the fit. It should be comfortable and not impede range of motion. lie down on the floor on your stomach with your arms straight along side your head...the suit should fit comfortably in this position without restriction. Mind you if you purchased a suit with a "cave cut" it will fit closer to your body...if you did not order a suit with a cave diving cut and can't wear undergarments under your suit then maybe you purchased a suit too small.

To stretch your neck seal, take a 3 liter Pepsi bottle and push it up through the neck seal and let it sit for a few days to a week then check the fit of the seal.

-Z

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom