Shoe Tree for Booties?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ATTACH]
ATTACH]
what about the things that come in the fins that don't need em

these things are the bomb

I don't do this for travel but for home I bought a 4' piece of pvc pipe with a bunch of T connectors. I cut the pvc pipe into 6" sections then then glued all the "T" connectors between the 6" sections. Hung it on the wall and stick our booties on it to dry. Will snap a picture if interested.

This is the one I bought for my wetsuit boots and gloves.
https://www.amazon.com/XS-Scuba-Acc...argid=aud-799728744414:pla-315946523261&psc=1
I bought a fan equipped hanger for my full body condom, err, Drysuit. You can get by without these things, I did for decades. But, you can also end up with some nasty funk growing in your gear. This spring I ended up dropping all the snorkels in the house into tub of diluted bleach. My only regret was not doing it to all of the masks I have laying around at the same time.

I have used a bit of ABS pipe. I cut it on a 45 degree angle to let air into the toe of the bootie, since it always takes longer to dry.
Haven't bothered with that in a while though. Once dry, I chuck them in the box with the rest of my dry gear.

On dive trips, I bring along a DryGuy boot dryer and use that overnight to have nice dry booties to put back on the next day. Not sure if they are still around or not. I grabbed a couple of units on clearance at an outfitter store: DryGuy - TRAVEL DRY DX

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom