Video Cozumel April 2018 with Tres Pelicanos (3P’s)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

At 1:42. the two divers have regs with yellow hoses in their mouths. One of the two diver's reg has a yellow front and looks like his normal second stage is stowed. What's going on in this segment?

I'm thinking you might be talking the "safe second" ID. On my Sport diving single tank rig, I have one (my best breather, SP S600) normal face-plate, but on a yellow pull-free necklace and served by a yellow 6ft. long hose... tucked between me and the wing. This is the one out and I'm using. It is also the one that I know is working, have immediate control over, and the one I would donate. The long hose gives better control between divers dealing with a heightened anxiety. The other one (my next best breather, SP G250v) normal face-plate and is on a black necklace and served by a 28" Black hose, it is right below my chin and is the one I would use after a donate. I ditch the long hose for side mount and bring it back for manifold doubles.

I may not see them coming and I know they will see all the yellow and expect (if they are smart) will go for the one I'm using, since they are not going to see a dangling second because it is on my neck. I try to stay streamlined, no danglies... bad for wrecks with current and drift diving.

Very cool video, but was disappointed you guys decided to touch the octopus.

I don’t disagree. I stuck my hand in the frame for a reference to scale and before I could react a tentacle shot out and grabbed my finger. My bad. Let me assure you, no cephalopods were harmed during this unfortunate incident! :)

@pelsasser, I checked out your link to Elsasser Photography and I suggest others do the same. Stunning. Really beautiful images above and below the surface.

Elsasser Photography

I don’t disagree. I stuck my hand in the frame for a reference to scale and before I could react a tentacle shot out and grabbed my finger. My bad. Let me assure you, no cephalopods were harmed during this unfortunate incident! :)

It sounds to me like the octopus should be chided for touching the diver. :D

It sounds to me like the octopus should be chided for touching the diver. :D

Actually @Soloist is pretty cute. I've even thought of grabbing him on occasion but that's probably more to do with his "lounge around the pool" wear. Oops...TMI :giggle: (Sorry, Lisa) :bounce::bounce::bounce:

Nice vid, BTW. :)

Actually @Soloist is pretty cute. I've even thought of grabbing him on occasion but that's probably more to do with his "lounge around the pool" wear. Oops...TMI :giggle: (Sorry, Lisa) :bounce::bounce::bounce:

Nice vid, BTW. :)
Fortunately I am not the jealous type!

Nagging him now for a video of the LCBR trip.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom