Has anyone seen or used the new Scubapro Hydros Pro BCD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When you start diving every weekend and every one of your vacations is scheduled to be a dive trip, then it's definitely time to buy your own bcd.

When you start diving every weekend and every one of your vacations is scheduled to be a dive trip, then it's definitely time to buy your own bcd.

I currently have 9 logged dive n another 3 next month in bali.
Diving every weekend is impossible for me coz I live in the heart of the city, all of my dive r mostly in 2 days dive trip.
My current issue that the rental bcd aren't that good in variety, mostly basic jacket style n aren't tht comfortable.

That's hard to argue. Sounds to me like you believe that you'll stick with diving.

As long as you're aware that very few people that have taken lessons are still actively diving 2 years later.

Then, you know yourself. You will probably be more happy to dive your own bcd. So, you should probably buy the one that you like now.

I dove my first bcd for years and years and it is still in pretty good condition. However, the company has gone out of business.

I'm also reasonably happy with my current bcd and I've had it for at least 6 years, perhaps longer.

Take care of your gear and it will take care of you!

:)

I think they are both great BCs. I am not seeing Hydros getting upgraded anytime soon because it has already been upgraded.

I just got the hydros pro from my LDS I did my OW at for $360 (demo). So I would say save for the hydros :)

On another note, has anyone removed the bungees from the hydros?

I see a new Hydros on the horizon...should be interesting.

Back
Top Bottom