Deepblu Cosmiq+ reputation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

athigunk

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi, I am an OWI looking to buy a few rental style computers for my students to use. I came across the Deepblu Cosmiq+ which look like they can serve all the purposes that I need.

Though upon searching through the Scubaboard, I saw some negative comments regarding the quality and also their customer service. Not so good of a reputation they have, but all those threads I have seen are more than a year ago.

I would like to hear some recent opinion on the computer, whether or not some issues in the past have been resolved via new firmware upgrade, etc.

Thank you for all your input in advance!

Hi @athigunk

You might send a message to Dive Gear Express and ask them why they dropped the Deepblu Cosmiq from their computer lineup. They answered my query but I do not feel at liberty to speak for them. I reviewed the Watoom Cyano for DGX and found it severely lacking. DGX has also dropped the Cyano from their computer line.

Best of luck

Sad too: nobody wants to deal with low-end market, it's a lot of investment for little return.

Never used one so take this with a grain of salt, based on my recall following threads about it way back. I believe someone indicated that the dive logging was proprietary, and 'in the cloud' - their cloud. If you like the idea of logging your dives via computer, so you get the nice graphs, max. depth and average depth logged automatically, etc...then consider that over the years you may vary in what brand of computer you use.

I've used an Oceanic Worldwide Atom 1.0 and VT3, borrowed a VTPro, and now dive an Atomic Aquatics Cobalt 2 (refurb AA replaced my 1 with after a pressure-related failure out-of-warranty, kudos to Atomic!), and I use MacDive.

Over the years, there's a good chance you'll want to consolidate your old logs into one software program, and it may not be with Deepblu.

Is this the current state of affairs, or is it not?

I bought one for my daughter and haven't had any issues. It is easy to use and read. It has only been on a handful of dives now so only time will tell for longevity.

I believe someone indicated that the dive logging was proprietary, and 'in the cloud' - their cloud. If you like the idea of logging your dives via computer, so you get the nice graphs, max. depth and average depth logged automatically, etc...then consider that over the years you may vary in what brand of computer you use.

Subsurface's latest update added support for DeepBlu Cosmiq+. I have not tried it yet so I cant tell you if it gets everything.

Announcing Subsurface 4.9.3 | Subsurface

Never used one so take this with a grain of salt, based on my recall following threads about it way back. I believe someone indicated that the dive logging was proprietary, and 'in the cloud' - their cloud. If you like the idea of logging your dives via computer, so you get the nice graphs, max. depth and average depth logged automatically, etc...then consider that over the years you may vary in what brand of computer you use.

I've used an Oceanic Worldwide Atom 1.0 and VT3, borrowed a VTPro, and now dive an Atomic Aquatics Cobalt 2 (refurb AA replaced my 1 with after a pressure-related failure out-of-warranty, kudos to Atomic!), and I use MacDive.

Over the years, there's a good chance you'll want to consolidate your old logs into one software program, and it may not be with Deepblu.

Is this the current state of affairs, or is it not?

I too use MacDive and just realize that they don't support Deepblu Cosmiq+ model (as of now anyway). Upside is that I have my own Shearwater as my main computer and I will be having my students using these "rental" computers if I ended up with them. But it is very good you pointed this out, thank you.

I bought one for my daughter and haven't had any issues. It is easy to use and read. It has only been on a handful of dives now so only time will tell for longevity.

Subsurface's latest update added support for DeepBlu Cosmiq+. I have not tried it yet so I cant tell you if it gets everything.

Announcing Subsurface 4.9.3 | Subsurface

Maybe I will email and ask MacDive if they have a plan to support this brand some time in the future.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom