Apeks FSR first stage, when did they update it?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The mfg answer sounds like road apples to me but I have never found a need for a fifth port and if I didn’t like the hose routing I would just use a different first stage.

I have my old FSR apart, I'll take photos and compare.

The response I got, which is simply not correct:

" Yes its a no as the balance chamber pre 13 does not have the extra sealing o ring "

They are the same part. Go figure.

I'll take one for the team. I'll pull apart a post 2013 FSR that I recently serviced and do a real time, side by side comparison. I'll post back tomorrow with my findings and some photos. Enquiring minds must know.

FTR I've not found much practical difference between using the 5th port or not, long hose single tank BM. The only thing I really noticed was it became messy to pack, wouldn't fit in my reg bag properly with hoses bending in unhealthy looking angles. YMMV.

Ćdğ€​

Damn, thats what I paid for my used one.
Including an XTX40 and spg with miflex hoses...

Guess they don't want people doing what I was thinking about doing. Spendy indeed, over half the price of the complete reg.

Guess they don't want people doing what I was thinking about doing. Spendy indeed, over half the price of the complete reg.
C'mon, you don't really think the sum of buying all individual components will be anywhere close to the lower cost of a finished product, do you?
I will be interested to see what you find in side by side comparisons of the two units. I would think that accommodating a 5th port was the sole reason for the 2013 change. Not very likely that anyone went to the effort and expense of machining and testing a new body just to change the shape of the decal. That minor external change was probably just to be able to easily tell the difference.

C'mon, you don't really think the sum of buying all individual components will be anywhere close to the lower cost of a finished product, do you?
I will be interested to see what you find in side by side comparisons of the two units. I would think that accommodating a 5th port was the sole reason for the 2013 change. Not very likely that anyone went to the effort and expense of machining and testing a new body just to change the shape of the decal. That minor external change was probably just to be able to easily tell the difference.

I have no idea, why not? I assume the cost of making a part is the same regardless. Cheers.

I suspect you are correct, wouldn't make a whole lot of sense just for the sake of a new, badly finished I might add, more expensive metal decal.

To add, I assemble G250Vs and the cost of the individual parts is less than the finished product was.

I'll take one for the team. I'll pull apart a post 2013 FSR that I recently serviced and do a real time, side by side comparison. I'll post back tomorrow with my findings and some photos. Enquiring minds must know.

You are a scholar and a gentleman, good sir.
Looking forward to what you find!

I just noticed that all the same applies to the FST 1st stage body. 5th port only to be used with 2013> version, and the same small decal size/shape external change to the body.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom