ScubaPro MK25 EVO/A700 Regulator in salt water

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Stubie

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I'm looking into purchasing the MK25 EVO/A700. How does it hold up in salt water?

Very well. I've had no issues with mine. I have over 100 ocean dives on it, and have never had an issue. I'll second guruboy's advice, remember to rinse.

I'm looking into purchasing the MK25 EVO/A700. How does it hold up in salt water?
This is an excellent product. You will have no problems using it in salt water. As with all equipment, proper maintenance is key to longevity.

I rock 2 on my sidemounts. They are great. Didn’t originally buy for sidemount, but if you decide to use for sidemount the swivel function rocks..

Thank you for your replies! I was told that the black tech was better due to saltwater corrosion. I don't want to spend that much $ on a regulator.

Pretty much anything will corrode to some extent when used in salt water if you don't rinse it.
Also, pretty much anything will work just fine in salt water if you rinse it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom