Coming back to diving after hiatus.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiverDori

New
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi,
I want to get back to diving. I'll check my log book, but I think it has been about five years. I plan to take a refresher course. I'm not sure if my equipment is still useable or if I will need new/rental.

I'm super excited and a little bit nervous. I am 62 years old and a little afraid I might be too old. I finally am at a place in my life where I have both the time and the money to dive. The big hurdle was getting my husband on board. My neighbor told him about a great experience in Bonaire, so he is excited to get back to diving.

Welcome back. Five years isn't a bunch to be away, so get your gear checked out, but don't necessarily fall for "it is too old". Even discontinued equipment can have service parts available, and even aftermarket parts can be sourced for some things...

Feel free to tell us what you have for equipment so we too can weigh in on the suitability...

Again, welcome back! Be safe, have fun!

Welcome back!

To those of us that are almost a decade ahead of you, 62 is young.

Get your old man (I assume you are contemporaries) of the couch and on the boat!

Welcome back. I'm 65 and still going, though it's not like being 51 when I started....

Howdy from Texas and Welcome to ScubaBoard!!

Thanks. You guys make me feel like this is doable and I am not crazy. I'll dig out my equipment and see what I have.

I'm super excited and a little bit nervous. I am 62 years old and a little afraid I might be too old.
As a 62 year old instructor, I think you probably have many years of diving ahead of you. Have fun and post often.

Back
Top Bottom