Alec Pierce Scuba - Long Hose Good or Bad

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I read them, I’d post them here, but oh that’s right, the video was taken down, unlike an email where it can be referenced.
Too bad everyone else here won’t be able to see them oh wise one.
oh sure you did. Have fun with the sand.

"... and give people a clean reg" type of rationale applies.

How many rec divers are dragging the octo through the sand along the bottom? I wouldn't consider that clean. I consider my long hose, that I know is working, clean. Half of them couldn't find it under normal circumstances, much less in an emergency.

- Jake

I have often heard that one reason for primary donate is to make sure the OOA person has a reg that the donor knows is working. It seems to me that knowing my reg is working is a good reason to keep it in my mouth! If my other one is working too, that's swell, but if it isn't, then that's a shame but it's not my problem, it's just a continuation of the sad problems someone else is having. Perhaps I'm going to be in a calmer position to switch regs and work out problems with the other reg than is the person who is already panicking, but is that a reason to take something out of my mouth that I normally only remove for purposes of blowing air rings?
Yes Officer, I saw the victim drowning, but I wanted to teach him a lesson.

From YouTube;
SORRY, EVERYONE! Alec said an error in the "Long Hose Safe Second" video. It has been removed and will be re-shot and released later. Thanks, everyone for your feedback.

Back
Top Bottom