Apeks FSR first stage, when did they update it?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

And there we have our answer, cheers for looking into it!
I'll be removing the 5th port from my old model today and throwing it up for sale.

Okay so to make this more interesting...
Would it be possible to drill 3 more holes in the older model so it resembles the new one?
I realize that it could maybe be risky, and if it's doable I would never ever sell that stage to someone else.

Okay so to make this more interesting...
Would it be possible to drill 3 more holes in the older model so it resembles the new one?
I realize that it could maybe be risky, and if it's doable I would never ever sell that stage to someone else.

Don't see why not...it's a straight hole.That same thought crossed my mind more out of curiosity than actual need.

Nice, post back. Being brass shouldn't be too hard to drill, getting angle right will be the bigger issue. Good luck.
A guy I know has a pillar drill, should probably ask him if I can use it.

Not that I haven’t done silly things trying to make something work better for me but in this case why not just sell the old 4 port and replace it with a newer version, once you drill it it won’t have any resale value.

Not that I haven’t done silly things trying to make something work better for me but in this case why not just sell the old 4 port and replace it with a newer version, once you drill it it won’t have any resale value.

Not everyone buys and sells as much we do Lex haha

That would be the sensible thing to do, but it's not as much fun!

I also asked the question to Aqualung about the reasoning for not recommending the fifth port on the older model, just got an answer back.
The reasoning (according to the guy who got back to me) was that it could be an issue if the hole got blocked in some way, since there is only one.
To me, that doesn't sound like the issue is with the flow, rather that the issue could present itself if you don't take care of your reg and make sure it stays clean on the inside.
Wrong or right?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom