Jacksonville recreational charters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

klauricella

Contributor
Reaction score
I will be in Jacksonville in early November for work and want to try and set up a two tank dive. Been looking online for boats but haven't really seen anything. Was wondering if anyone has good recommendations. Not looking to spear just dive.

Thanks
Kevin

Why do all the charters require advance certification is it really that hard there. Been diving all over the place and never seen that. It is ok for me but the other guys that want to go have been diving for really long time but aren't advance certified.

Thanks
Kevin

It's not difficult it's just the depth, most diving is done deeper than OW. I think the shallowest site I've been on is 9 mile ledge which is around 75"

Edit:
You might also check with Sea Hunt Scuba, they may know if there are any OW options nearby. I've never been out with them, but they also do day trips to SFL once or twice a month. Get up early, drive, dive, drive back. They probably do car pooling if you don't have a car with you. Might not be attractive when you're already traveling for work... o_O

You also might consider a drive over west a little to Ginnie Springs.

We are at Sawgrass for a business convention and can only sneak out on a Monday morning. I get the depth but have never seen it as a issue anywhere else. Dove all over the East Coast and Hawaii and never been asked for it before. In the Caribbean and Bahamas they do open water dives that deep. Not quite the same I know.

Thanks

We are at Sawgrass for a business convention and can only sneak out on a Monday morning. I get the depth but have never seen it as a issue anywhere else. Dove all over the East Coast and Hawaii and never been asked for it before. In the Caribbean and Bahamas they do open water dives that deep. Not quite the same I know.

Thanks

Yeah, it seems to be something I have noticed more in the last 15yrs. You might find some boats willing to let you pass if you can show a dive log with equivalent dive experience. I’ve seen so any diver who can get an AOW cert with less than 20 dives.. it really means nothing.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom