Dive knife and flashlight positioning?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Trilobite x2 one on each arm next to dive watch/computer. Shears in the butt pouch or suit pockets.

If diving with Gopro have 2x video lights that are mixed dual beam spread. If not playing video then one of those lights is my primary, usually rides on my wrist mount (Razor).

Backup lights x2 in butt pouch. Sometimes the 3x AAA backup cell plays primary if shallow and a ridiculous amount of light isn't required.

Trilobite on bungee of computer on right arm and another on my left shoulder strap. Primary is butt mounted and clipped on my right chest D ring. Backups on on left shoulder strap and in my right pocket. When I get off my butt, I will put the two backups on my helmet.

Trilobite on the strap of my backup computer on right wrist
A second one in the center of my waist strap

primary light canister is butt mounted
lighthead is clipped off on the left chest when not in use

Primary is attached to side of my xdeep tec weight pouch (parallel to my spine), cable runs out side, up left side and down my arm. 2 line cutters, one on each wrist along with computer and shears in my pouch most of the time.

Primary is attached to side of my xdeep tec weight pouch (parallel to my spine), cable runs out side, up left side and down my arm. 2 line cutters, one on each wrist along with computer and shears in my pouch most of the time.
Can you post pics on how you attach your light?

Can you post pics on how you attach your light?

I got this bracket though you could perhaps make something with bungie. I subscribe to buy once, cry once and this thing is solid even with almost no weights in the pouch, not sure a bungie only solution would be since that would be dependent upon the structure of the pouch itself.

It was a bit of a pain as they don't have distribution in the US but it got to me eventually (Honestly I'm also eyeing the custom embroidered tank bands as well...maybe someday)

Argon- / Akku-Klammer für XDEEP – D°LUXE Dive Gear

This is the best picture from the manufacturer that shows you how it looks (this has a light and what i assume is a drysuit inflation canister in it). My light, which has a large canister (160Whr from UWLD) is much higher than this since the canister is longer. I also have a sidemount type cable on it so the light cable exists to the side, rather than down like this.

19578801_10207618427818164_563025648_o.jpg

but I'm afraid it will get in the way of the sliding d-rings.

The sheath slides too. What's the problem?

And what about the primary flashlight? I'm not exactly happy to carry it in the cargo pouch instead of the shoulder bands.

It's a primary light. You ought to be using it all the time. A soft goodman handle solves this problem.

A sidemount pouch is but an entanglement hazard. Get rid of that **** (poop). This is a personal opinion and may not be relevant for all environments. But for some it is.

I got this bracket though you could perhaps make something with bungie. I subscribe to buy once, cry once and this thing is solid even with almost no weights in the pouch, not sure a bungie only solution would be since that would be dependent upon the structure of the pouch itself.

It was a bit of a pain as they don't have distribution in the US but it got to me eventually (Honestly I'm also eyeing the custom embroidered tank bands as well...maybe someday)

Argon- / Akku-Klammer für XDEEP – D°LUXE Dive Gear

This is the best picture from the manufacturer that shows you how it looks (this has a light and what i assume is a drysuit inflation canister in it). My light, which has a large canister (160Whr from UWLD) is much higher than this since the canister is longer. I also have a sidemount type cable on it so the light cable exists to the side, rather than down like this.

View attachment 541796

It's too bad their website sucks. It wants to charge me VAT on those things even though they'd be coming to the US. They can only do ex-VAT sales to a company. Which is stupid. Which means I'd pay tax twice. Which is doubly stupid. I may just make some myself.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom