Urgent.. Liveaboard cancelled — How’s diving in Miami?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is it too late now to book something for Cayman Islands to go tomorrow??

Here is the link for the clearly cayman resorts. They have 3 all-inclusive dive resorts (one on Grand Cayman, one on Cayman Brac, and one on Little Cayman). If they have anything open at any of their resorts they can also make the air reservations for you. Good luck!

Clearly Cayman

Here is the link for the clearly cayman resorts. They have 3 all-inclusive dive resorts (one on Grand Cayman, one on Cayman Brac, and one on Little Cayman). If they have anything open at any of their resorts they can also make the air reservations for you. Good luck!

Clearly Cayman

I just realized that I need a passport to go to Cayman Islands.. left them at home :(

I just realized that I need a passport to go to Cayman Islands.. left them at home :(

Oh no! You would need it for the Bahamas, too! Can somebody back home send it to you express? Do you have your C card?

Oh no! You would need it for the Bahamas, too! Can somebody back home send it to you express? Do you have your C card?

After I cancelled my trip to the Bahamas, I thought I’d not need it.. didn’t think about flying to Caribbean island this time. I guess I’ll just stay in FL!

Florida is a beautiful place and you can have a lot of fun there. Hopefully the weather will improve and you will get some good diving too!

I would think Blue Heron Bridge is open. Dives there are very affected by the tides so contact one of the local shops for the window. You might also see what Scuba_Jenny (here on SB) is doing this weekend - she guides there.

Another Florida road trip option not affected by weather - Epcot Seas Adventures – DiveQuest
Pretty sure you need a reservation. You're abut 3.5 hours away so take the Florida Turnpike - it's pay but non-stop afaik

Maybe book a room for a couple days and see DisneyWorld?

Check a shop in Tampa also, it's not that far to drive straight across. About 4 hours. Pretty much all boat diving and they go pretty far out to some wrecks.
Or if it looks good - Fly. Flights s/b around $200 r/t.

hth

@nicole2 give Force-e in Riviera Beach a call or if you would like the number of a local guide that I like and trust send me a PM. The bridge is the perfect place for trying out new gear and cameras.

Because you are already in Florida, you should give Blue Heron Bridge a try. As someone else noted, you can rent gear, or arrange for a guide at Force E Scuba. I've done the Disney Dive Quest in Epcot too, it's fun enough. If you want to put some miles on a rental car, you drive up to Williston for the springs such as Blue Grotto and Devils Den.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom