Key Largo itinerary and questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The park can be nice certain times of the year , depending on the weather and visibility . My point
was it is not the main reef and does not have the diverse marine life or the visibility . It does have
marine life . I also agree that Blue Heron Bridge is a great dive and an option on the way down to
Key largo . Enjoy trying out the new fins and safe diving !
Sea Dwellers

Horizon just scrapped our dive for tomorrow. Does anyone happen to know if anyone is still running boats tomorrow, maybe further South. We flew all this way. Might as well drive a while to find diving tomorrow.

.... Might as well drive a while to find diving tomorrow.
I feel terrible for you guys. You have tried so hard just to put together just a couple of days of diving and can't catch a weather break. This is probably one of the worst September months that I've seen since 2004 with 3 hurricane direct hits on Florida. Please don't hate Florida because there is some incredible diving the rest of the year (well January is a little iffy).

Below is the forecast map for SE, South & Gulf sides of Florida. Everything is basically toast for Saturday.

eraseme.jpg

I feel terrible for you guys. You have tried so hard just to put together just a couple of days of diving and can't catch a weather break. This is probably one of the worst September months that I've seen since 2004 with 3 hurricane direct hits on Florida. Please don't hate Florida because there is some incredible diving the rest of the year (well January is a little iffy).

Below is the forecast map for SE, South & Gulf sides of Florida. Everything is basically toast for Saturday.

View attachment 541189

Thank you! I kind of figured that once I called up to Pompano and was told they had cancelled for the weekend, too. We called from Key West to Pompano with no luck so figured it’s time to implement a backup plan.

I’m just grateful we got to see the Goliath Groupers last week! That one dive made all of this worth it. I think you were the one who told me about them in the first place so Thank You!!

We are going to head down south and bring the snorkel for Bahia Park. I think we might grab tanks and also do the Horsheshoe Lagoon. My husband isn’t very enthusiastic about it but I figure a bad dive is better than no dive, ha!

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom