Just bought my first Dry Suit - wondering if I made a mistake

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was also wondering about the material - most suits that ive seen are made from Trilaminate but the ScubaForce one mentions a material called TYGATEX.

Has anyone ever heard of this material ? how does it compare to Trilaminate ?

Im a bit puzzled about the Trilaminate because as to my understanding that just means a three layered material , not which material it is. i haven't seen that mentioned anywhere. is it just a certain nylon material ? could be just my rusty English

They don’t have distributors, which is why they cost less than 1/2 of most drysuits, there is only the cost of the part up grade since they build the suit for you not the rack. Look at their site and total up the cost, total would probably come in well below 1k.

Edit, link Step 3: Choose your seal, neck and wrist system options (Nova) - Seaskin Custom Diving Suits

Total cost, including silicone seals for neck and wrist is about $150 USD, pretty good exchange rate right now.

Personally i preferred to pay a bit more and to have an official distributor in my area that i could go to if something is wrong etc.
Also if you consider the costs of importing the thing here and the taxes that i will have to pay on it the difference wont be so big.

Where do you plan to do drysuit diving? Just curious--not really related to your question. Well, maybe. By enabling yourself to use dry gloves, you can dive in some really cold water. I have used my drysuit in both warm water (Red Sea) and cold water (Canada). The ring system really provides versatility.

I dive primarily in the Med Sea but also a significant amount in the Red Sea .

Not planning on Antarctic dive expeditions but im a general wuss when it comes to cold water and i cuss myself every time i step in the 12C water during the winter. :rant:

I also hate the feeling of neoprene .

I do have the quick cuff system so i could definitely get the dry glove in the future if ill want it. most likely will come in handy during deep dives

Next time round I'm seriously considering replaceable silicon seals. Rationale being I can't risk being without a suit, so have to have a backup, which basically sits there gathering dust and costing me money.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom