Looking for a new Wing for my x8 119 steel tank.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaMarc

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have a steel x8-119 but have not used it for a few years while only diving warm water. Last 3 years I have been using a aluminium back plate with a dive rite travel wing using aluminium 80s with a 3mil wet suit with 8 pounds of lead. Going back to do some colder water diving I want to swap out the wing for a large size using the steel 119. Reading dive rite web site, the voyager wing is good up to 95 cubic feet (15 liter) Tank. My tank is 119, 15 liter, would this wing work? I will be using a 7mil wetsuit.

I am confused on the 95 cubic feet which is less than my tank, but it is also 15 liter which is correct.

Thanks for the help.

voyager is enough lift for a single piece 7mm suit. quoted as 35lbs iirc. if you are planning on a two piece 7mm farmer john, strongly consider switching to a drysuit.

I have a drysuit tucked a way in my closet, I will only be using 7mil. I guessing you are saying drysuit for comfort, correct?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom