GUE Prospect

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I appreciate the advice of the most recent posts. All have been very educational.

I have been in contact with a GUE instructor, he has been available both by phone and e-mail (btw he has been awesome, and has answer many questions and he has contribute enormously to my understanding of the GUE philosophy) . I am following his lead and advice to the letter.

The reason that I am looking forward to the Fundies class, is purely for self improvement. I am aware of the possible graded outcomes of the class: Fail, Provisional or Pass. My primary goal is to become a better and safer recreational diver. I strongly believe that the outcome of the fundies class for me, will be that I will improve as a diver, regardless of the fail, provisional or pass.

At his time, I am not interested in tech or cave diving. I am extremely happy as a warm water recreational diver.

The class goes through a gear inspection and a ‘how to set up the gear’ on the first morning. The class is usually at or near a dive shop so any issues can be resolved.

I temd to think that the best way to learn about how to use a new piece of complex gear is from an instructor, so to avoid ingraining bad habits.

I was told that DGX isn’t as great a deal as it used to be, but should be fine for class.

(Posted here, DIR sub forum did not allow me to post there.

That should tell you everything that you need to know about the DIR crowd

OP, good luck with your class. I just finished and found it to be extremely valuable; on to more stuff in the future. You've gotten a lot of great responses already, I'll just give one more plug for the webbing; those H's come in handy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom