My First Seahorse - Ft Wetherhill

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It is FTW after all, I'm not sure there would be any noticeable difference. Maybe some exotic critters will get driven into the cove along with warm clear gulf stream water! And I'll wake up with gills.

I'm not diving until next weekend at the soonest. It'll take at least that long for improvement, elsewhere.

I read somewhere long ago that it took 6 or more tidal changes to completely flush the bay. FTW being at the mouth of the bay may take less?

Also expect a drop in water temp as the cold deep water is pushed into the littoral zones. Fall is round the bend.

Here's the weekend on the Bay.
Narragansett Bay Marine Forecast

The Marine Weather Forecast In Detail:
ANZ236 Forecast Issued: 116 AM EDT Sat Sep 07 2019

Rest Of Tonight...N Winds 25 To 30 Kt With Gusts Up To 35 Kt. Waves Around 3 Ft, Except Up To 7 Ft At The Bay Entrance. Showers Likely.

Sat...N Winds 25 To 30 Kt With Gusts Up To 40 Kt, Becoming Nw 15 To 20 Kt With Gusts Up To 30 Kt In The Afternoon. Waves Around 3 Ft. At The Bay Entrance, Waves Around 7 Ft, Subsiding To 5 Ft In The Afternoon. A Chance Of Showers In The Morning.

Sat Night...W Winds 5 To 10 Kt. Waves Around 2 Ft.

Sun...W Winds 5 To 10 Kt. Waves Around 2 Ft.

Here's the temp drop I mentioned
Newport RI
Station ID: 8452660
Recent Water Temperature:
63.0°F (17.2°C)

Observation Date and Time:
Sat, 07 Sep 2019 08:42:00 GMT
September Monthly Mean Temperature:
67°F (19.4°C)

So here's something from a June dive .
PICT0011.JPG

Dove ft w yesterday around 1pm. Very surgy, poor vis and a couple nasty looking large jellies. Only plus was some stripers in the shallows on the West Wall. There was a high surf warning in effect all day. Hoping for better today.

Dove ft w again Saturday am. Lots of divers suiting up. Conditions better than yesterday but still low vis - a cloudy 3-4 feet tops. Temp still nice at 64 degrees.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom