Uwatec Aladin Pro battery question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Does anyone have a picture of this battery and the size of it there is a company that might have one but wants to see a picture of the old one first

This is from the old, gray, rectangular, oil-filled Aladin Pro with four contacts. I re-read the whole thread but I'm not sure which one you have. The one with the smaller screen, three contacts, and the separate battery compartment uses the same battery but with different solder terminals. It is: CR-07 Lithium 3.6V. It's the same size as an AA 1.5V cell.

WP_20190921_001[1].jpg WP_20190921_002[1].jpg WP_20190921_003[1].jpg

This is from the old, gray, rectangular, oil-filled Aladin Pro with four contacts. I re-read the whole thread but I'm not sure which one you have. The one with the smaller screen, three contacts, and the separate battery compartment uses the same battery but with different solder terminals. It is: CR-07 Lithium 3.6V. It's the same size as an AA 1.5V cell.

View attachment 541321 View attachment 541322 View attachment 541323
This is my dive computer watch the battery is in its own compartment on the side and the battery has to be soldered at each end be sure to lubricate the rubber seal on the top cap.

Attachments

• FB7BF4BF-3986-4AC6-B825-2BB6587B2525.png
    FB7BF4BF-3986-4AC6-B825-2BB6587B2525.png
    164.2 KB · Views: 180
  • 7605EEE2-EB8A-4ED4-8B67-19418772ACD5.jpeg
    7605EEE2-EB8A-4ED4-8B67-19418772ACD5.jpeg
    51.9 KB · Views: 190
Good luck. Uwatec has made there computers so that users cannot change them out.

That certainly is true of the Aladin Pro Nitrox (which had a very poor algorithm for determining remaining battery strength) but not for later models. I have had several for which I could easily replace the battery with a relatively inexpensive one.

This is my dive computer watch the battery is in its own compartment on the side and the battery has to be soldered at each end be sure to lubricate the rubber seal on the top cap.

How many dives do you have on the Tadiran battery? In another thread I asked if anyone has determined which brands are good, and which are not-so-good.

I went ahead and replaced the O-rings on my Beauchat computers with the separate battery compartment, and of course lubed them with silicone grease. The only one I've had a problem with is an old Suunto/Seaquest Solution (also from the early 90s) that leaked a tiny bit into the battery compartment so I packed it with silicone grease. I replaced the O-ring and even re-tapped the screw holes and replaced the sheet metal screws with machine screws and it still got damp in the battery compartment.

So far, of all of my recently acquired ancient computers, I like the oil-filled Uwatec with four contacts the best. I don't need a manual to find the dive logs and you can view them in either direction (oldest or newest). I did get a small air bubble in there but I can use it to play my own version of Pong while on safety stops. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom