Lung problems?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@fmerkel
Totally understand no one here can clear him. Again if it's a definite no go then he doesn't want to waste time and money on Drs visits at this time.
He says he was treated for sleep apnea for 3 months prior to the PFTs and was/is 100% compliant. AHI was under 2 during that time but he thinks the hypoxia wasn't taken care of until after the PFT's. I guess he bought his own pulse oximeter and saw oxygen levels still dropping at night and then had a oximetry test done at home while using APAP and AHI that night was around 1 but oxygen was under 88% for 93 minutes.

@Duke Dive Medicine
Thanks, I'll let him know that and that he should make an appointment and that it's not a definite no go.

What I am kinda curious about is how low his residual volume is, if at depth would that further decrease it and if so could that cause any issues ?

Residual volume shouldn't change significantly while breathing compressed gas under water. That only comes into play with free divers.

Best regards,
DDM

Just thought I would update. He got kinda lucky , he was able to send a message to primary and not even have to go in and pay for appointment. Primary said he saw no contraindications other then possibly a fever that came and went everyday for 6 to 8 months that they never found cause for. The fever stopped after taking the synthroid for slightly underactive (just out of normal range) thyroid .

Back
Top Bottom