New diver and new to BP/W - my first time in the water with one

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Please don't read anything into this tone, it's simply much more practical to be matter-of-fact.

JohnnyC - In all sincerity and seriousness, thank you very much. I am taking your responses and advice to heart. I have removed anything DIR related to my original post and will no longer reference it in any way. I don't think it's for me at this time. Many thanks for your advice and knowledge sharing, I really do appreciate it.

You ARE ALLOWED to use a bp/wing and ask questions about that, like before "DIR" existed, say.

Thanks, that does ease my "I got schooled" reaction just a bit. I think (I could be wrong) that JohhnyC was simply trying to set me straight in my thinking. My original post could have easily come across as someone trying to state I knew more than I really did and he was kind enough to correct me. That's actually helpful for any new diver thinking they "got it", so I'm really thankful for his words. I've gained a new respect for the DIR community and their passion for the way they dive. It's more intense than I originally understood. Again, thanks for everyone commenting and sharing, especially to JohhnnyC in all sincerity, it's been illuminating.

or you could have ordered one of the many off the shelf back inflate bcds available on line or at any dive shop, throw some lead in the pockets and just dive.
flame suit on.

I actually picked up an older Seaquest Balance BCD for my son and liked it. I could see diving with it just as easily.

I actually picked up an older Seaquest Balance BCD for my son and liked it. I could see diving with it just as easily.
Now you're all over the place. Have you tried meditation .........grasshopper?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom