7' Hose Routing wo/ Canister?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Halcyon sells a replacement for a canister.

Extreme Exposure

That was stated in Post #2.

My two cents is: why dive without a canister of some type? If you don't need a light, get an empty canister (from Light Monkey, for example) to hold your car keys or, if diving offshore, a PLB. Sure, that's more expensive than a zipper pocket, shears, and other waist-mounted things under which people have been known to route a house, but it does provide some consistency of feel.

I feel if u need a 7 foot hose u prob need a canister light for your type of diving. I have a canister light because I like not having to charge it often. I run a 40 inch under my arm with a 90 a the 2nd stage. This is for ow diving only. In murky cold bc Canada water.

long hose is too short for me to tuck in

Maybe you're joking, but, what length is your long hose and how are you routing it? It needs to be long enough to be tucked behind a canister or something or into your harness.
Do you have a picture of your configuration?

I haven’t dove with a long hose yet. I can picture tucking the excess into the waist belt, but I don’t understand how having a canister holds the hose in place? Can someone post a picture demonstrating?

I haven’t dove with a long hose yet. I can picture tucking the excess into the waist belt, but I don’t understand how having a canister holds the hose in place? Can someone post a picture demonstrating?
true_acb-kelp.jpg

Find someone with a 3D printer and have him/her make you one of these.
Search Thingiverse - Thingiverse

Edit:Looks like someone else posted the same thing. I use one and it works fine.

Don’t take this the wrong way but, why would you 3D print a dowel with a slot? Seems like a lot of wasted printer time to end up with a PLA or ABS cylinder.

Find a buddy with a mill.

Maybe you're joking, but, what length is your long hose and how are you routing it? It needs to be long enough to be tucked behind a canister or something or into your harness.
Do you have a picture of your configuration?

Thanks Ayisha, I've found with the varying sizes of the human diving species, with some, being at
the big huggable declawed bear end of the spectrum, extra neoprene, at least half as much more
than average, and perhaps double thickness over some parts of your body, lead to extra lead but
not a great amount and that also adds inches to hoses and about a foot to a seven foot long hose

full.jpg

So it doesn't pull when routed behind a canister or a knife or stick and pull out when it's tucked in.

Just get a medium sized pouch and attach it to the belt in the place of the canister. works well and is "DIR-allowed" as far as I know and you can even use it for carrying stuff :wink:
I keep wetnotes there and sometimes other small stuff which needs to be accessed easier than if it would be in the thigh pocket

I tested various knifes how they could hold the hose in place and was not satisfied with any of them. the pouch approach just works better for me.
I will get a canister light soon though and will use the pouch for something else then...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom