How much air does an LP85 hold at 2400 PSI?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@CaveSloth I am curious to what size tanks you have given your measurements. Your tanks are similar in dimension to the older Faber LP76 (which I have).
26.5" tall x 7"
This is interesting. How do you know they are 76?

Next time I have them filled I will find out how many cf goes in vs the psi increase and calculate what they hold at 2640.

@CaveSloth I am curious to what size tanks you have given your measurements. Your tanks are similar in dimension to the older Faber LP76 (which I have).
26.5" tall x 7"

the old lp76 and the newer lp85 are very similar because the old lp76 was quoted at 2400 psi (and didn't come with a plus rating from the factory).

Next time I have them filled I will find out how many cf goes in vs the psi increase and calculate what they hold at 2640.
How will you know how many cuft are going in? That usually requires measuring pressures and knowing the tank size. Vicious circle.

How will you know how many cuft are going in? That usually requires measuring pressures and knowing the tank size. Vicious circle.

Doesn’t the shop know how many cf are going in? I’m imagining the pump is like a gas pump.

Doesn’t the shop know how many cf are going in? I’m imagining the pump is like a gas pump.
Gas is a liquid, easy to measure volume.
I mean they charge me by the cf so I hope they know how much they gave me.
They do NOT know how many cuft you got without knowing your tank size and working pressure. They measure pressure at beginning and end of fill, then calculate (P(end) - P(start))/2640 * 85. They know the working pressure from the stamping on the tank, but have to guess at tank size....like everybody on this thread is doing. 85 is a very good guess, but I would not bet my house on it.

Wow. Ok well then I guess I’ll start telling them I have an LP76 and save some money since it seems the tank size can’t actually be determined.

Back
Top Bottom