LALUZ focus light repair help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chris kippax

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi All
I have a lazljz focus light that has stopped working. I have two of these lights so I have besn able to do some minor troubleshooting.
The led illuminates when the end cap is first screwed on. This is normal, both lights have always done it.
Once the end cap is screwed on the led will not illuminate.
I have tried the failedd lights end cap on a different light and it works flawlessly.
What other test can I do.
What voltage should I have at the led supply wires? 3.7V
20190925_132824.jpg
20190925_132846.jpg
20190925_132910.jpg

64D1F447-93E9-4556-9D51-1A4B7E4E3BAA.png

I might try and replace the led module, seems cheap enough to try.

Likely may be the tail piece. They get low grade corrosion over time and quit making contact.Intermittent contact (like booting a PC), is what controls them, NOT an actual voltage throughput. That's why it lights when you put it together and then quits working.

There's a tiny little allen screw under the spring. The allen will fit through the spring with a bit of fiddling to get in there. 3mm....maybe? Been awhile.

Spring, screw, O-ring, washer, and the outside 'nut' (if I recall correctly), are all that are there. Pretty simple.
Clean up, polish metal surfaces, grease O-ring (I've never replaced it in years of service), lightly coat metal surfaces with silicone grease, re-assemble and it may work. Easy thing to try.

That don't work you have bigger problems. Then LED + driver replacement is possibly in order.
3.7v is nominal Li-on voltage. Fully charged is 4.2v.

Thanks for the reply,
Which part are you referring to as the tail piece?

If the tail piece is the end cap/switch mechanism what I said in the op is I have tried the failed lights tail piece on another light and it works fine.
I did just service the tail piece and no corrosion or faults were found.

Back
Top Bottom