Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BoundForElsewhere

Snarkmeister
ScubaBoard Supporter
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Am I the only one that starts obsessing about a trip 2 1/2 months before it starts?

I'm not talking about booking flights or hotels or even the boat / buddies but I find I start fondling my gear, buying new stuff, watching videos (even if not of the actual location), and getting all my gear out of storage and arranged in my bedroom, much to my wife's chagrin.

Am I a total freak or does everyone go through the same unnerving anticipation and excitement before a trip?

Did you say...fondling. :eyebrow:

It's good that you get so excited. I don't have to pull out my gear because I am pretty horrible about putting it away after it's rinsed/dried. It's still there for my next trip. :D

Yes, fondling. I swear sometimes it is more satisfying than masturbation.

And way more expensive.

I think I'm going to go home now and snorkel in the bathtub.

8bcee04ab73e46516b933048dc1232a504f8382d2371853f3ff95672f17faa76.jpg

I have a girl. I just need a girl that dives. I can't believe I've hijacked my own thread. And no, snorkeling in the tub is not a euphemism.

Back to the planning part... What are some rituals that other people do getting ready for a trip?

I have a girl. I just need a girl that dives. I can't believe I've hijacked my own thread. And no, snorkeling in the tub is not a euphemism.

Back to the planning part... What are some rituals that other people do getting ready for a trip?

I think there is one more double entendre and euphemism in that sentence and it wasn't the bathtub :popcorn:

I love using Excel for a lot of things (I use it a lot at work) and I have a fancy trip planning spreadsheet with linked formulas and a day by day itinerary that's color coded. I track all flights, transport, lodging, bookings, etc. :D As it gets closer to the trip I love going in there and tweaking things/nerding out on it. I don't tend to pack until the weekend before I leave.

I'm leaving for Indonesia tonight and on one part of the trip, we will be visiting a village with some kids so I bought some crayons, temporary tattoos, stickers, and coloring books for them. :) I start e-mailing the resorts/liveaboards that I go to and ask if I can bring them anything. A lot of things are difficult to buy/have access to in the places I like to go diving in so I like to do my part and help when I can!

We do the same thing when we travel. The goodies for the kids, that is. I found these really cool pocket microscopes that we brought to the amazon a couple years ago for a local school.

Yeah, excel is my friend, too. Although my color coding game is nowhere near at your level.

In terms of packing... A month in advance and at least twice more after that with multiple checklists.

This is quickly turning into the OCD thread.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom