Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We do the same thing when we travel. The goodies for the kids, that is. I found these really cool pocket microscopes that we brought to the amazon a couple years ago for a local school.

Yeah, excel is my friend, too. Although my color coding game is nowhere near at your level.

In terms of packing... A month in advance and at least twice more after that with multiple checklists.

This is quickly turning into the OCD thread.

We can be packing buddies...I forever feel like I'm forgetting something and hate the feeling of doom when you are on the airplane and realize you've left something at home! I do have a packing list that is a permanent laminated one that I find really helpful.

Now that you mention it, I do like to look back on photos and videos from previous trips to get me all excited! Youtube videos of places that I will be going to, etc...

I go through my gear ahead of a trip, but since I dive locally I don't have to pull it out of storage.

Don’t think of it as obsessing, just planning. I find myself staring at pieces of gear and making up excuses as to why I will or will not need it for the trip. This goes on and on up until the day I leave and then I am sitting on the planes questioning my choices up until the first dive at which time I am in my happy place and don’t care anymore.

Trips in General--
I do 2 or 3 trips annually. Basically set up an area and start packing for the next one after returning from this one.
Rarely do I wind up somewhere missing something.
Trips that include diving--
Not hard. There are some small differences in what I take compared to what I use for local dives. My stuff is all together anyway, so organising this is not hard.

Maybe the bedroom isn't the place for 2 complete sets of dive gear? How about the garage, or set up a folding table in the corner of a less used room and do it there, and that's where you pack all the above water stuff too.

Maybe the bedroom isn't the place for 2 complete sets of dive gear? How about the garage, or set up a folding table in the corner of a less used room and do it there, and that's where you pack all the above water stuff too.
,some items like regs don’t like places like garages, more when you like in hot, buggy places like Florida. That is when you really need understanding diving significant others.

,some items like regs don’t like places like garages, more when you like in hot, buggy places like Florida. .

My garage is cool but I'm not in Florida. At least most of the year. That's where our gear gets stored. If I'm cutting wood I make sure I put the dust cap on the reg, it's usually left off so if any water got in there it can dry out over time.

I've heard gas/oil smells aren't good for wetsuits. I've read that I general garages aren't the best places as well due to temperature fluctuations.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom