Poll - Will this partial closure of marine park affect your future plans to visit Cozumel?

Will this partial closure of the marine park affect your future plans to visit Cozumel?

• I'm not going back until it re-opens. Those were my favorite sites.

Votes: 37 19.8%
  • I may still go but maybe not as often.

Votes: 18 9.6%
  • I'll go anyway because there are still plenty of great sites.

Votes: 66 35.3%
  • I'm going to wait and see how it shakes out.

Votes: 41 21.9%
  • I don't know. I just don't know. Decisions are hard.

Votes: 7 3.7%
  • Other, of course.

Votes: 18 9.6%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Get your diving in while you still can. Wonder if it is going the direction of Australia's GBR.
This

While the closure of these sites alone wouldn't stop me, the larger picture is why I won't be planning anymore trips in the near future. When we were down this summer the white disease what-have-you was pretty bad and it seems it's only gotten much worse. I too see this ending like the GBR. Too many fat cruise ship weirdos. With the seaweed problem, a trip to the mainland isn't fun anymore either. I also hate all the trash EVERYWHERE on the island and the last time I was down, it really made even walking around the neighborhoods pretty depressing.

All in all for me, Coz seems to have become a been there done that type of thing and that sucks because we've made a lot of friends on the island over the years that we love to see regularly.

It’ll factor into my decision but honestly the cost of air fare is more a factor. I’ve only been to Coz once and hit some of the southern sites so there’s plenty more for me to see

Booked for week prior Xmas....love it there that particular week and this week will prove no different.

I prefer West Palm Diving to Caribbean diving for the most part because it's just so convenient.

These changes as well as the progressive deterioration of the reefs will make me much more likely to stick to domestic dive destinations.

Shipwrecks don't suffer from bleaching events.

I prefer West Palm Diving to Caribbean diving for the most part because it's just so convenient.

These changes as well as the progressive deterioration of the reefs will make me much more likely to stick to domestic dive destinations.

Shipwrecks don't suffer from bleaching events.
Your missing out on amazing cultural diversity then....but hey, that’s ok.

While we've gone lots of places, we've still never done Coz for a variety of reasons. One of the reasons is I hear about too many stupid sounding things that are a real turnoff. This is just one more. (To be fair, everyplace has it's share of stupid, I may just hear less about it...)

Booked 3 weeks in April/May for the last 8 years. Not going to cancel for 2020 but could change our future plans. All depends on the diving. Have noticed that the Cayman's have gotten worst in the last 3 years. Will be researching other areas. Sad because we love Cozumel so much.

Back
Top Bottom