regulator and stage for good breathing control, lightweight, coldwater ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

is there a dive shop or operation that you know you will be working for as DM? If so many will require you to use the brands they sell or want to highlight. They may also offer you keyman pricing which is a solid discount. If you have a job lined up may be better to limit your choices to what brands they sell.

^ This...

Any new regulator you can buy in Germany will, at minimum, meet EN250 which will exceed your breathing requirements by a considerable margin. I can only think of one regulator that wouldn't really be suitable for DM, or any form of diving really, and that is the various versions of the Mares Loop; just because you can design a second stage with a bottom entry hose doesn't mean you should, let alone manufacture and sell it.

If you want a light for travel but cold water resistant regulator then the Aqualung Core Supreme is a good buy and remarkably cheap. Apeks regulators offer excellent cold resistance but are comparatively heavy.

For a weight perspective:

XTX200 first stage, 2x XTX200 second stage, SPG, Uwatec AI transmitter, inflator hose: 2.1kg
add second XTX200 first stage and the inflator hose for the dry suit: 3kg

While a complete overkill, I like the 200 first stage (aka FSR) for my warm water diving due to the hose routing (which is dreadfull with a DST)

on a side note, if you come across CTX/ATX regulators, go for them, as they are technically the same and are often sold cheaper

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom