Adding Dromedary as Redundant Buoyancy in Stealth Tec

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RayfromTX

Student Of Gas Mixology
Staff member
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Who has done this? Why is it a bad idea? Why is it a good idea? I know it is done but would like to learn your experiences.

Who has done this? Why is it a bad idea? Why is it a good idea? I know it is done but would like to learn your experiences.
You want to add an Arabian one-hump camel to your wing? Seems like it would a lot of added weight with no upside. :D

I use a dromedary as a wing in one of my SM rigs. Venting is a pain in the butt. I'm not a great fan of the oral inflator and I usually just give it some gas and do the rest with breath control - although every time I have used it buoyancy isnt important because i'm in tiny crawling cave anyway.

Unless you are in a wetsuit and crawling through really small and sharp cave that also opens up into someplace you really do need to be neutral I wouldn't bother.

I thought about chest mounting a classic wing when I was doing something stupid with to many tanks and a wet suit.

grab a couple of dump valve fittings and fit them

full.jpg

So put one in there man, you're not going to use it, so what's the problem

i would rather mount a deco bladder or apeks wsx underneath if you don't want to just get the stealth tec 2.0 redundant bladder

This is the same way that the razor is build I recon. Seems to work for that system so I can’t see why you can’t do it for the tec wing.

Back
Top Bottom