Suggestions for a three week Philippine diving itinerary mid March 2020

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Was that something you booked in advance or when you got to the Philippines? How much was that dive safari?
Definitely need to book in advance as they tend to fill up and obviously need to charter a boat. There were budget and more luxury options for the lodging and due to availability I went budget in ticao (private fan room with shared bathroom and it was actually totally fine) and a it nicer in malapascua with a sea view ac room which was good since 2 people staying in the budget garden rooms at the same place had bed bug bites! There were several hotel options in malap though. For the 8 day safari it was 50,000 pesos with full room and board on ticao, room and breakfast on malapascua, all transfers and 3-4 dives every day.

Dumaguete is macro on local dives, lots of amazing critters. We stayed at Pura Vida resort. They also do day trips to Apo island which is nice coral, lots and lots of turtles. I looked up from the reef and saw a whale shark swim by. Too bad I had a macro lens on, but that's life. They also do trips to Oslob.

South Leyte, I stayed at Peter's Dive, just outside of Padre Burgos. Very nice coral diving, and macro on request. Night dive under Padre Burgos pier is not to be missed.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom