Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SonByrne

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hey Everyone!

I'm pretty new to diving and my fiance and I are going on a cruise for our honeymoon. Through Marriott, I noticed that they have a few diving excursions out of Costa Maya and was wondering if anyone knew which shop they did those through and the quality of that shop?

They currently have a two tank trip: Two Tank Local Scuba Diving Trip

A single tank trip: One Tank Local Scuba Diving Trip

and a Lion Fish dive: Lion Fish Dive | Costa Maya Shore Excursions Tours | Mexico Cruise Tours

It says that the excursion is about an $8 taxi trip away (not sure if that is the shop or the location we're meeting the boat). Our cruise will stop there on November 27th.

Thanks!

It might be Dreamtime Divers, as they have been the ship's dive op on several past cruise stops at Costa Maya. They are an excellent dive op, having used them four times, the most recent being last week. I booked directly with them last week because the ship did not offer an excursion, and would use them even if they are not the ship's op. Contact them directly by email, and the will likely confirm whether or not they are the ship's contracted vendor. If you are taking a ship excursion, you should not have to pick up the taxi fare from/to the ship. Transportation is normally included in the cost of the dive excursion.

Thanks for your help! It does say on the excursion that it is an $8 taxi ride that isn't included. I'll check out the shop though since we have our own gear.

I just sailed the NCL Breakaway a few weeks ago and the ship excursion in Costa Maya was with Dream Time. I dived twice with them, it's a great small dive shop right on a beach. It was nice dives, we were only 3 divers + the DM in a small boat.

I just noticed the excursions you're listing are with "Shore excursion group". Those are not the cruise line excursions, they are a company that resells excursions and takes their cut. You would probably be better off dealing directly with the dive shop.

If it's possible, see what excursions the cruise provides. From what you're showing, looks like it's al-a-carte and as Pat.D mentions, looks like you're going through "Shore excursion group" which could take a cut in the price.

When I stopped there during my cruise with Holland America, they used Dreamtime which I really enjoyed. Very friendly, patient, and felt extremely safe!

Keep us posted!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom