Diving Klein Bonaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Buddy Dive offers scooter dives to Klein. After years of trying, we may actually get to do it this year. Not really sure how it works. Maybe there and back on the surface and then some sites on Klein. If you did it underwater, say, 15 feet, you might need two tanks to do a meaningful dive once you reached Klein.
Maybe they do it similar to the one way scooter dives with Divetech in Grand Cayman - with a surface support boat that could carry extra tanks, extra scooters if something crapped out, pick up someone low on air, whatever.

I would not bother thinking about hauling tanks over to Klein and doing multiple dives. The diving is very similar to the main island. If you are on a dive boat and it is going to Klein, that's fine. Otherwise I would not bother. If you want a different experience, head to the East Side.
There are a number of threads devoted to the topic.

Actually on a better scooter like an X it wouldn't be a bad idea. Just not an Apollo as they don't have the run tine. Might be harder to spot the mooring balls in the water but you could clip the scooters off to the balls - at least a few of the moorings were close to the beach.

As others have said, there's no Yellow Road side markers since there's no road..

Several of the sites we dove were like those on Bonaire but a couple were different. Hands Off was a pure drift dive but average coral growth. Forest had a lot of Black Coral. And Jerry's Reef a lot of Turtles betweenrhe ball and the beach. Probably one of the closer sites also, IIRC it;s in the channel. The other 3 dives were not memoeable, I'd have to look up the names.

The diving is very similar to the main island.
Yes, some Klein sites are similar to those on the main island, but nit all. Ebo's Special, for example, is unique.

If you are looking for a special experience, consider something like Dive with Ebby - https://www.divewithebby.net . Essentially you hire Ebby & his boat for small group, no more than 6 boutique diving. (Prolly others who offer a similar approach, I just happen to know him.)

Back
Top Bottom