DIR- Generic GUE Minimum Decompression Procedures

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hongrace

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
When I took GUE fundy back in 2011, the minimum deco procedure was to ascent 9m per minute to 50% of the max depth. Then 3m per minute thereafter, divided into a 30 second stop, followed by a 30 second ascent.

I heard that GUE changed this procedure a few years ago but I cannot find any reference. Does anyone know the new minimum deco procedure?

Thanks.

When I took GUE fundy back in 2011, the minimum deco procedure was to ascent 9m per minute to 50% of the max depth. Then 3m per minute thereafter, divided into a 30 second stop, followed by a 30 second ascent.

I heard that GUE changed this procedure a few years ago but I cannot find any reference. Does anyone know the new minimum deco procedure?

Thanks.

That is the Min Deco procedure. You may be thinking of the Min Gas calculation which was changed a couple of years ago.

Updated GUE Minimum Gas Method | Wet Rocks Diving

Diver Usage = The current calculation is .75 cuft/min x 2 divers = 1.5 cuft/min

Ascent rate = 3m/min to first gas switch. In an emergency you will ascend at the normal ascent rate of 9m per min, but for the purpose of the calculation your ascent rate is 3m/min

Time = 1 min to figure out, 1 min for gas switch, plus 1 min for every 3m

I was told there were older min deco ascent rates, but they were before my time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom