Hawaii - the Manta Night Spectacle

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Juergen_187

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
no matter how often you've seen Manta rays before, the Big Island Kona night dive is still something that stands out.

They come extremely close, just cms, inches away from our heads, we could feel the thrust of their wings! When 4 Mantas were around us, it became an awe-inspiring experience!

I put those 35 minutes of non-stop filming into 3 minutes...I hope you like it!

Juergen

Great dive! Thanks for sharing.

Your description reminded me of the time in Maldives that I was hit in the forehead with a wing tip. Quite a thump, lol.

very cool ...thanks for sharing your experience.

no matter how often you've seen Manta rays before, the Big Island Kona night dive is still something that stands out.

They come extremely close, just cms, inches away from our heads, we could feel the thrust of their wings! When 4 Mantas were around us, it became an awe-inspiring experience!

I put those 35 minutes of non-stop filming into 3 minutes...I hope you like it!

Juergen

Nice!

It looks like a lot clearer and less planktons to feed there (which is better video-wise) than in Maldives.

the ramoras are relentless in the second video (Dan's)...

the ramoras are relentless in the second video (Dan's)...

Yep. The mantas too. My 5000-lumen video-light gathering so much planktons, the mantas like to scoop them up so close to the light that I had to duck down a few times. :D

Great dive! Thanks for sharing.

Your description reminded me of the time in Maldives that I was hit in the forehead with a wing tip. Quite a thump, lol.

wow, you were even hit.....what did you do? ;-)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom