Hello from Maine

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks again for the extra info. I'm fairly small at 5'6" 145ish. I'm not worried about a pre-assembled BCD being too small at this point. The few people on here that have the one I looked at seem to enjoy it and I found good reviews for both warm and cold water.

I'm a weird one because my nervous system isn't wired completely properly and so certain textures and tight clothing trip panic mode for me at times so adjusting to a 7mm wetsuit and a whole new bpw rig (my first 50 dives were all in rental jackets) was an interesting time. I just wanted to give a heads up just in case. BPWs are like diving in a dream after diving jackets. I don't even feel mine in the water

Good to know :) I decided to start in a bpw since most people end there anyway. Why re-learn habits when I can just start with the ones needed.

I am up in Lubec and while I am a long time warm water diver, I am just now getting started in Maine ‘cold water’ diving. I went with a Hollis semi dry to start me out and after getting some time in it will decide if I need to move to a dry suit. Would love to catch up with other Mid Coast and Downeast Maine divers.

That's hilarious. I am actually finishing my vacation in Lubec today :) Stayed in Cutler for a week.

Unfortunately not, have a good day though!

Ended up starting with a hydros pro since I used it through my entire OW. Got a great price on it, and since I'm familiar with it I can focus on other things while in the water. I plan to build a DIR setup for future use, and will build towards that setup with the hydros (accessories, regs, hose length, etc...)

Welcome to ScubaBoard, you'll obviously get a lot of conversation here!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom